Each potential client can have a variety of misconduct issues but at least one type of psychiatric disorder has to be among them. Benchmark Behavioral Health System provides treatment for a variety of psychiatric and behavioral disorders including:
- Conduct disorder
- Sexual disorders/sexual misconduct issues
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders, Asperger’s disorder,
- Developmental disorders
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Personality disorders
- Substance abuse issues.
We have created a list of our basic qualifications to give an idea of what clients might be an appropriate choice to participate in treatment at Benchmark.
Basic Criteria for Admission:
- History of sexual misconduct
- Poor anger management/impulse control
- 13-17 years of age for clients with Sexual & Behavioral Misconduct issues
- 18-20 years of age for clients with only Sexual Misconduct issues
- IQ of 50 or higher
- Substance abuse
- Adjudicated and non-adjudicated
If it is felt that there is a youth who fits into these basic qualifications, the next step is to go through our admissions process. During an initial assessment, our clinical team will determine whether the youth is an appropriate fit for our treatment program.